Quitting drinking offers many benefits that you may not be aware of. If you’re ready to stop drinking, help is available. The River Source provides inpatient and outpatient treatment to help you heal from your addiction and enjoy all 10 of these benefits.
1. You can look younger. Drinking in excess is hard on your skin because alcohol breaks down natural collagen production. This speeds up the aging process, causing premature wrinkles and lines. Too much alcohol can also lead to jaundice.
2. You can save money. Imagine not having to be short on money all the time. Alcohol is expensive, and so is the lifestyle that goes with it (bars, nightclubs, DUIs, legal problems). You can put this money toward something else, such as a new car or family vacation
3. You can lose weight. Alcohol is high in empty calories. These calories come from sugar, which turns into fat. By stopping drinking, you can shed unwanted pounds and lose weight. It’s also easier to make healthy meal choices when you’re not under the influence.
4. You can start something new. Wouldn’t it be fun to pursue a new hobby or venture? There is a whole world out there for you to discover! The happiness you can get from these activities is much more fulfilling than drinking booze.
5. You can heal your liver. To lead a healthy life, you need a liver that functions properly. Fortunately, your liver is a regenerative organ that can heal over time.
6. You can sleep better. Passing out from being drunk does not lead to better sleep. In fact, it often leads to sleep disturbances and nightmares. Sleeping sober gives your brain the chance to restore itself. This leads to improved sleep and increased energy and focus the next day.
7. You can feel better. Are you tired of not feeling well? Do you get every bug that comes your way? Alcohol wears on the body and the immune system. Once you get through withdrawal, you can rebuild your body – and your spirit.
8. You can form real relationships. Ready to build satisfying relationships? Addiction is an isolating disease, but recovery can change this. You can strengthen ties with friends and family, work toward entering a new relationship and truly connect with those around you.
9. You can reduce your risk of heart attack. Drinking alcohol is hard on the heart. Cutting out alcohol allows your heart to repair itself and lowers your risk for high blood pressure, heart attack and heart failure.
10. You can move forward. Alcohol does not have to define you. With treatment, you can stop drinking and regain your life. Working through the 12 Steps helps create a life that isn’t just free from addiction but also fulfilling.
There are so many great reasons to quit drinking, what are you waiting for? To learn more about your options for treating an alcohol addiction, call The River Source. Imagine starting the New Year clean and sober!