Holistic treatment is much more common than in years past, but families still have a lot of questions about what this type of care entails. In a nutshell, holistic treatment centers like The River Source treat the whole person and not just the addiction.
This is important because addiction affects various parts of the person, and complete healing cannot be achieved unless all of these parts are addressed. Holistic treatment centers also tend to have lower patient-to-staff ratios, more treatment options and a focus on recovering the mind, body and spirit.
Let’s explore five benefits to choosing a holistic treatment center for yourself or a loved one.
- Alternative Therapies: The River Source incorporates alternative addiction treatment strategies such as acupuncture, massage therapy, biofeedback, infrared sauna and vitamin therapy. These treatment options promote complete healing and can be adjusted to each patient’s preferences and needs.
- Cozy, Homelike Setting: The River Source has several different facilities that all offer a warm, welcoming environment. We want our patients to feel comfortable and “at home” so that they can settle into their recoveries faster and easier. We have beautiful surroundings thanks to the peaceful Arizona desert which we feel helps people appreciate the little things in life.
- Experienced Staff: Not only is our staff knowledgeable and experienced in addiction, but also many of them have been in your shoes. Some of our staff has struggled with addiction in the past and now lead a life of sobriety. They can relate to you in ways that others cannot, and they are a constant reminder that long-term recovery is within reach and possible.
- Proven Therapies: In addition to our holistic treatment options, The River Source also offers time-tested therapies such as group and individual counseling, relapse prevention techniques and continuing care. We can build a treatment plan that incorporates these strategies and puts you on the path to your goals.
- Low Patient-to-Staff Ratio: At The RS, there is always someone you can talk to. Our staff is highly compassionate, and we have low patient-to-staff ratios so that our patients receive the attention they deserve. This one-on-one interaction helps our patients open up and achieve insight on their path to healing.
If The River Source sounds like a good fit for you or a loved one, call us today. We’d be happy to answer your questions and provide you with a better understanding of our treatment options.