The River Source is seeking an independent contractor to serve as an Addiction Counselor at our addiction treatment facility in Gilbert, Arizona. Applicant must be licensed and qualified, with the ability to provide confidential and compassionate counseling, education, and support to individuals as they receive treatment for substance use disorders. Addiction Counselors at The River Source are expected to support patients in developing healthy lifestyles and healthy choices.
As with all of our employees and contractors, applicants must be kind, professional, and reliable as it pertains to our mission to support patients as we work to help them achieve a successful recovery.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Holds active CPR and First Aid certification
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Active license and current good standing with the State of Arizona’s Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a Substance Abuse Counselor or Licensed Professional Counselor (LASAC, LISAC, LAC, LMSW, LCSW, or LPC).
- Previous experience or education in addictions and co-occurring disorders a plus
- Must be able to demonstrate all Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) techniques
- Must be able to pass a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- Works with other facility staff to develop case load and provides input for patient treatment plans
- Meets and communicates with patients, family members, and groups as needed/required
- Facilitates and manages 45-minute therapy sessions with 15 minutes for documentation
- Meets with assigned clients a minimum of two times per week either in an individual, couple or family session; or as needed for Treatment Plan
- Completes Biopsychsocial assessments, treatment plans, treatment progress and discharge summaries
- Attends weekly Staffing with Treatment Team, reviews patient files and completes weekly summaries
- Provides reports on patients, family therapy and/or progress to probation officers, lawyers, case managers, etc. as requested
- Completes discharge summary within 48 hours of client discharge
- Provides clinical oversight periodically for staff members as requested by Clinical Director
- Conducts psycho-educational groups on chemical dependency, cognitive restructuring, self-esteem, anger management, life skills, social skills, etc.
- Addiction Counselors should be able to exhibit adherence to dress, attendance, professional requirements, as well as operate in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Personal development and team participation requirements include completing regular self-evaluations, taking part in team collaboration, and pursuing training goals and objectives.
The job duties as they pertain to Electronic Health Records (EHR) are as follows:
- Adheres to policies and procedures relating to documentation
- Completes shift note documentation according to agency standards
- Documents client behaviors and symptomatology in the medical record
- Documents any incidents or unusual occurrences per policy and procedures
Compensation & Schedule Information:
- Commensurate compensation with experience
- Counseling work occurs at all times Sunday-Saturday. Employee hours will be discussed during interview.