Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the therapist provides confidential addiction counseling, education, and support to clients, promoting healthy lifestyles and healthy choices.
- A master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field from an accredited university/college OR
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field from an accredited university/college & actively enrolled in a master’s degree program.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State of Arizona’s Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a Substance Abuse Counselor or Licensed Professional Counselor (LASAC, LISAC, LAC, LPC, LMSW, or LCSW) strongly preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience or education in addictions and co-occurring disorders a plus
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid certifications
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Case load will be based on census of the company and availability of therapist.
- Each individual, couples or family therapy sessions will be 45 minutes; and 15 minutes for notes and documentation
- Meets with assigned clients a minimum of one time per week either in an individual, couple or family session as is needed for Treatment Plan.
- Implements family / couples counseling component as needed per client
- Adhere to the Counseling Criteria requirements
- Completes all clinical documentation in accordance to JCAHO and AZ DHS guidelines.
- Attends weekly staffing and all required meetings with Treatment Team.
- Promotes a positive work environment with direct communication with others
- Provide clinical oversight periodically for staff members as requested by Clinical Director
- Conducts group therapy in accordance to programming schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.